Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lesson learned 2.0

My sister is in town visiting her son and grandbaby.   Of course, there was celebrating.  Nick hosted a bbq at his house w brats, burgers and dogs.  
I checked out the package of brats and one contained 800 mg Na.  Wow.   So I stuck with the burger.   While Nick was cooking, I noticed him shaking a bottle of seasonings on the meat.   Never checked it out but suspect it was "seasoned salt".   Even without a salty burger, I did indulge in some chips and a bit of cheese dip.    That was Saturday.
Fishing on Monday and more chips.     Come tuesday morning and time to go to work, I woke up with nausea and a bit of vertigo.   Immediately went to the meclizine and phenergan, then sat in a chair for 45 mins.    The meds worked and I was able to go to work.   A crappy day as I was tired all day from the meds.   Three days later now and I have been flushing with lots of water and my diuretics.   No further symptoms since Tues. 

The meeting with HR and my manager regarding my ADA accomodations went unexpectedly well.   I was expecting a confrontation.  Discussed the ADA process at Memorial and what specific accomodations I might need.   In the end, I really just need an amplified phone.  That doesn't require a federal ADA case.   HR was going to look into what equipment was available that is compatible with the phone systems in the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment