Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Setback part two

After a week on the double diuretics, I was having no improvement in the hearing or tinnitus. I called the dr and he added a rx for prednisone. I've been on it for two days and already have an improvement. Not back to where I was at my best but better. I realize that this hearing problem & all it's connotations on my life and threats to my job have been a huge stressor for me. That stress plus the details of moving, getting a new job, siblings, etc. I've been running on fumes for months and it finally hit a wall yesterday. I forgot Annie's 55th birthday. Completely spaced on it. She gave me an obvious clue when I called her for something else and suddenly, everything became focused. Today, I feel like I have re-booted my brain. Calmer, centered, in love with my wife. Maybe this is what it feels like to hit bottom before pulling yourself out of a death spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment