Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One more step along

Dr not pleased that I had two vertigo attacks since starting on the big diuretics.  My BP is down to 104/50.  Not a lot of room to go on further diuretics.  Got the steroid injection into the inner ear.  Not a severely painful procedure but left me with a headache all day.  Hopefully, this will calm any inflammation in the vestibular body and completely stop the vertigo.  Next step in the treatment, surgery to implant a shunt so to allow the endolymph to flow.    Gentamycin is not a good option.   It will kill the balance problem but also has a 30% chance of killing the hearing function in the left ear.
Asked about the sodium connection.   As my experience showed, there is a direct connection between salt intake and symptoms.    An overindulgence in pizza = a return of symptoms within 24 hrs.
Got the HA reprogrammed with latest audiograms.  5 programs now to try out in the noisy OR.   Will keep notes and see if this latest adjustment will help me keep my job.

The day after the injection, I had about 90 mins of mild to moderate vertigo.  Never got to nausea and resolved itself.   that's an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment