Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not so fast there... symptoms return

After being on the higher dose of diruetics for a while and having subjective improvement in my hearing, as well as an absence of vertigo, I had a sudden worsening in my hearing, followed by some mild vertigo.  Called the doc and got in the same day. 
A hearing test confirmed that my hearing had degraded from the last appt.
Dr Hegarty wasn't happy about it.  Called it "a failure of treatment".   He had me double the diuretic and gave me a prescription for Prednisone, if the diuretic didn't help.
The vertigo resolved but my hearing didn't improve so I started on the steroids.     Seems better after two days of the steroids but that damn Tinnitus is persisting. 
Very sad today over the death of our schnauzer last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment