Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WAX is the Enemy

The first week was great.  Very happy with the HA.  The second week, the right one went out.   Today, the left one went out.  I'm thinking I got bad batteries so I changed them with no improvement.  I'm completely baffled so I call the HA guy and go see him.   The problem was wax blocking the speakers after just one week.  I've been really fastidious about taking care of them, wiping them down and keeping my ears clean.  gross, huh?  But the speakers are tiny pinholes and it didn't take much to plug them up.   Now I have a brush.    These hearing aids are as much trouble as teeth.  Also got them re-programmed and fine-tuned.  Lowered the top end volume a bit to cut the white noise and raised the midrange a bit to crisp up the speech.
and by the way,  I settled on using a fabric hair cover in the OR.  It's soft enough that if it rubs against the HA, it doesn't cause extra noise.
Starting a six day off stretch so I won't get to try out the new programming for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment